Easy Peesy Cupcakes
Ready in 30 mins
Simple recipe that you can do with kids. Basic sponge bottom with chocolate and sweets on top. For younger kids bake the cakes yourself and then get them to decorate them. For adults put posh chocs on the top!
170g (6 oz) butter or margarine
170g (6 oz) sugar
170g (6 oz) Mortons Self-Raising flour
200g plain chocolate
sweets to decorate (eg M&M’s, jelly sweets, smarties)
Prep: 10 mins > Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Cream together margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Sift in flour and mix gently.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes (dependant on cake size) until golden brown and skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
4. To decorate: Melt chocolate either in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of cupcakes and decorate with sweets. Leave to set. Enjoy!