Recipe Type: Other
- 250g Mortons Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 50g Soft Margarine
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 175g Fresh Blueberries
- Grated Rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- 250mls. Milk
- Fat for Greasing
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/GasMark6. Lightly grease 12 deep muffin tins if you are using fairy cake paper cases. Do not grease tin if muffin paper cases are used.
- This is because the mixture will rise above the cases. If you are able to use muffin cases, which are now more available, you do need to grease the tins.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, blueberries and grated lemon rind. Mix together the eggs and milk, then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Mix quickly to blend all the ingredients. The mixture should have a lumpy consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling almost to the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the tray, then lift out and cool for a little longer on a wire rack.
Makes about 12 Muffins
Date Posted: 15/05/2009