For this apple & blackberry crumble recipe you will need a gratin baking dish or a round or oval shallow baking tin.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/ Gas Mark 5.
2. Prepare the crumble topping by sifting the Mortons Plain flour into a large mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the butter and rub together until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and set aside.
3. Make a start on the compote by placing the diced apples and blackberries into another large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar and mix together so the sugar sticks to the fruit. Pour the mixture in to the gratin baking dish, press this down into the dish to create an even layer.
4. Pour the crumble topping over the fruity mix in the baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until the toping is golden brown and the fruit is tender.
5. Serve with a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream.
120g Mortons Plain flour
60g demerara sugar
60g butter at room temperature
Pinch of salt
300g bramley apples decored & diced
30g demerara sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon