- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly grease 3 baking sheets.
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon and salt in to a bowl and mix these together until blended.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until it appears light and creamed together.
- Add the egg yolk and continue to blend into the creamed mix.
- Add the flour to the butter and sugar mix and stir together until the dough appears well combined.
- Cover the bowl with the dough in it and place this in the fridge for an hour.
- Once rested, roll the dough out to about an 1/8 of an inch in depth onto a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into small rounds.
- Place the rounds onto the greased baking sheets, placing a couple of cms apart.
- Sprinkle with some sugar and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
125g (4oz) Mortons Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
115g (4oz) unsalted butter
100g (4oz) brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsps caster sugar