- Preheat the oven to 160C/ 320F/Gas Mark 3.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a wooden spoon until pale and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract to this mix and add the flour in until fully combined.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to about a 1/4 inch in thickness and cut out rounds or fingers.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Additionally, you can use lemon zest for a fruity twist.
300g (11oz) Mortons Plain Flour
200g (7oz) unsalted butter
100g (4oz) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract