Recipe Type: Traybake
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/ 325F/ Gas Mark 3.
- Mix the butter and the 50g of sugar into the plain flour with your fingertips, or in a food processor.
- Press this mixture into a lightly greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, 175g sugar, self raising flour and salt.
- Pour this mixture over the cooked base in the cake tin and return to the oven for 20 minutes until the lemon topping is set but slightly wobbly.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
- Cut into bars or squares for tray bakes or into wedges for a lemon infused dessert, served with ice cream and raspberry sauce.
150g (5oz) Mortons Plain Flour
100g (4oz) butter
50g (2oz) caster sugar
1 lemon zest & juice
2tbsp Mortons Self-Raising Flour
175g (6oz) caster sugar
A pinch of salt.