- Preheat the oven to 220C/ 425F/ Gas Mark 8.
- Mix together the oil, milk, egg and sugar in a jug.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl along with the pinch of salt.
- Pour ost of the mix from the jug into the flour.
- Quickly mix together with one hand to create a thick dough.
- Turn this mixture out onto a floured surface and pat to 2cm in thickness.
- Use a cutter or sharp knife to shape the dough into small rounds.
- Place the small rounds onto a floured baking tray, brush the tops with the last of the mixture from the jug and bake for 10 minutes.
- For a fruity twist, add in 100g of sultanas, cranberries or cherries to the mixture before baking.
500g (1lb) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
100g (4oz) caster sugar
4tbsp vegetable oil
pinch of salt