- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with some parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, blueberries and grated lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and milk then pour into the dry ingredients, mixing quickly and lightly until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin filling almost to the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the tray, then lift out and cool for a little longer on a wire rack.
250g (9oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
50g (2oz) soft butter
75g (3oz) caster sugar
175g (6oz) blueberries
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Grated rind of 1 lemon
2 large eggs