- Line and grease a 15cms/ 6 inch round cake tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well as you add.
- Sift the flour and salt together into a second bowl, then fold into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the lemon rind and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared cake tin and dredge the top with caster sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
200g (7oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
150g (5oz) butter
150g (5oz) caster sugar
4 eggs beaten
Pinch of salt
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Caster sugar for dredging
Butter for greasing