- Preheat oven to 170C/ 338F/ Gas 3.
- Grease and flour one 25cm ring cake tin.
- In a large bowl mix in the vegetable oil with the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the grated carrots.
- Fold in the Mortons self-raising flour, cinnamon and salt until just moistened.
- In a separate bowl toss the raisins, glace cherries, mixed fruit, chopped dates and the chopped walnuts in the Mortons plain flour and stir to coat the fruit.
- Add the fruit and nut mixture into the cake mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for roughly 1 1/2 hours until well risen and a skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
310g (11oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
60g (2oz) Mortons Plain Flour
225ml vegetable oil
175g (6oz) caster sugar
350g (12oz) finely grated carrots
2tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
150g (5oz) currants/raisins
170g (6oz) glace cherries halved
240g (8oz) mixed fruit
150g (5oz) dates pitted and chopped
20g (1oz) coarsely chopped walnuts