- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan or Gas Mark 6.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter into the dry ingredients and rub until it resembles fine breadcrumbs in texture.
- Pour in the buttermilk and the egg into the bowl, mix into a dough and knead well.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 2-2.5cm.
- Use a round cutter to cut out your scones and place onto a lined baking tray. Beat an egg and brush the top of the scones and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden on top.
400g Mortons Plain Flour
45g caster sugar
6tsp baking powder