It’s Easter at long last, the true beginnings of Spring and a time to indulge yourself after a long winter.
Our Indulgent Easter Brownies are packed with naughtiness and they won’t hang around the house for long…
For this recipe, you’ll simply need one 15cm square tin lined with a grease proof baking sheet and a good appetite!
60g (3oz) Mortons Plain Flour
2x100g dark chocolate bars
100g (4oz) unsalted butter (softened & cubed)
250g (9oz) caster sugar
4 large eggs (beaten)
1tsp vanilla essence
60g (3oz) cocoa powder
100g mini eggs or 2 creme eggs halved (or both! We used Lindt mini eggs)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Break up the chocolate and put into a pyrex bowl placed carefully over a saucepan of barely simmering hot water to slowly melt the chocolate.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed (do not let it harden).
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition so the mixture combines, then add in the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add in the cooled melted chocolate then mix in thoroughly. Sift the flour and cocoa in and gently fold through.
- When totally combined, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly.
- Place the chocolate mini eggs, creme eggs or other treats you fancy to the top of the mixture and press them down into the mix. Leave some mini eggs aside to top the finished bake.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 mins until firm to the touch, but still a bit fudgy.
- Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack and leave to cool completely before topping with left over mini eggs and cutting into squares to enjoy!
Have you checked out our other Easter bakes? Why not try our Incredibly Chocolatey Easter Cake recipe next?