- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 370°F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Add the Mortons Plain and Self Raising Flour to a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and butter to the flour mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the yoghurt and five drops of lemon juice to the mixture and mix with hands.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and mould into a soft paste and divide into two.
- Roll out the first half of the paste until ¼inch thick and place into a base of 6 inch diameter circular baking dish and trim off any excess pastry with a knife.
- For the filling, peel and slice the apples into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, the Mortons Plain Flour and the nutmeg and mix together.
- Place this apple mixture evenly into the base of the pie then roll out the other half of paste until ¼inch thick.
- Place this over the pie and trim off any excess pastry with a knife.
- Whisk the egg and brush a little over the top of the pie.
- Flute the edges with a pinching action using your fingers and thumb and bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
200g (7oz) Mortons Plain Flour
100g (4oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tbsp caster sugar
250g (9oz) unsalted butter
4tbsp plain yoghurt
Juice of a lemon
2tbsp Mortons Plain Flour
4 large apples
1 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 egg beaten.