- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with a baking parchment
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the eggs, mixing these into the creamed butter mix. Fold in the flour and then the mashed bananas creating a thick batter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for approx. 45 minutes, checking occasionally for the last 10 minutes.
- Whilst the bread is baking, prepare the icing sugar by mixing the icing sugar with 2-3tsp of water in a bowl.
- Remove the bread from the oven. The loaf should be golden brown and when a skewer is inserted, it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly before turning out to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Drizzle the icing on top when the bread has cooled and serve.
140g (5oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
2 ripe bananas mashed
140g (5oz) butter
50g (2oz) icing sugar
140g (5oz) caster sugar
2 large eggs