- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and pour into a bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixtur clumps together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead briefly before placing into a sealable container.
- Place the cotainer into the fridge and allow the dough to sit for 15minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to 1/2 cm in depth.
- Use a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut ginger bread men out of the dough.
- Line a baking tray with some baking parchment and place these dough shapes onto this, leaving a couple of cms between each.
- Bake for roughly 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and once cooled, decorate with the writing icing and cake decorations.
350g (12oz) Mortons Plain Flour
2tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
125g (4oz) butter
175g (6oz) brown sugar
4tbsp golden syrup
Writing icing & extra decorations if preferred