Recipe Type: Scones
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 356F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour, oats and salt in a mixing bowl. Add in the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Create a well in the centre of the mixture and add the bicarbonate of soda and the yoghurt. Slowly add in the milk (you may need slightly less than the 150ml) but add it in until the mixture feels combined.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and press it until it is roughly 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a round cutter, cut out the scones and place onto a greased baking tin.
- Bake the scones in the oven for roughly 20 minutes and serve hot with butter and jam.
350g (12oz) Mortons Coarse Wholemeal Flour
100g Whites Speedicook Porridge Oats
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tbsp greek yoghurt
150ml semi skimmed milk
1/2 tsp salt