- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a muffin tray with 10 paper muffin cases.
- Place the sugar, butter, eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl and mix with an electric whisk until pale and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 15-20 mins until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Leave to cool.
- To make the buttercream, place the butter in a bowl and sift over the icing sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Slice the tops off each cake and fill the cavities with a little buttercream and jam.
- Cut each sliced top in half and arrange on top of the filling to resemble butterfly wings.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar
100g (4oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
100g (4oz) caster sugar
100g (4oz) butter softened
2 large eggs
50g (2oz) butter softened
75g (3oz) icing sugar
2tbsp strawberry jam
icing sugar for dusting