1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/ Gas Mark 6 & grease two 1lb loaf tins.
2. Sift the flour and add the salt, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and the mature cheese into a large mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl or jug, mix together the eggs and buttermilk.
3. Pour the buttermilk mix into the dry ingredients to make a soft, porridge like mix.
4. Pour the mix into the two greased loaf tins and dust the tops with wholemeal/ sunflower seeds/ pumpkins seeds/ oats.
5. Bake for 30 minutes then turn out of the tins and allow to cool on a wire rack. The loaves should have a hollow sound when tapped.
500g Mortons Coarse Wholemeal Flour
100g grated mature cheddar cheese
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 free range eggs
1 pint buttermilk