1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C and line a baking tray with parchment that is lightly dusted with flour.
2. In a large mixing bowl add in the flour, salt and onion powder and mix thoroughly.
3. Add in the buttermilk, parmesan cheese and the sundried tomatoes and mix quickly and lightly with one hand until the mixture is combined. Do not overwork the dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and lightly work the dough into a large round, approx. 2-3cm thick. Mark the top of the soda with a cross and place onto the prepared baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown and the bannock sounds hollow when tapped. Place on a wire rack to cool before slicing and serving as soda farls.
450g Mortons Soda Bread Flour
70g grated parmesan cheese
20g sun dried tomatoes, drained & roughly chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder