1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/ 180 Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the cherries, sugar and lemon juice & zest into a medium sized oven dish, or until the cherry mix almost reaches the top of the dish.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift in the flour and rub in the butter until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add in the salt, demerara sugar, oats and the almonds or other seeds if using. Mix together until thoroughly combined and pour over the cherry mix in the oven dish. Lightly pat the mix down until it is flat and evenly spread across the top.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the mix is cooked through and the crumble is golden. If using frozen cherries, reduce the heat to 180C and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
800g cherries, pitted
20g caster sugar
1 lemon, juice & zest
120g Mortons Plain Flour
1/2 tsp salt
50g demerara sugar
80g rolled oats
40g flaked almonds or seeds (pumpkin, chai)