Recipe Type: Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a deep 20cm baking tray.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the oil, honey, orange zest and eggs and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix to a smooth pouring batter and pour into the prepared baking tray.
4. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the cake is firm to the touch. Leave the cake in the tray and set aside.
5. Prepare the drizzle by mixing the honey with the orange juice and pour over the top of the cake. Allow to fully cool and boil the kettle to enjoy with a cup of tea!
200g Mortons Plain Flour
Generous pinch of salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon, ginger and mixed spice
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 balls of chopped preserved ginger (optional)
Zest of 1 orange
To drizzle: Juice of 1 orange mixed with 2 tbsp of honey