- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 165°C Fan or Gas Mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients
- Melt the butter and the treacle together in a bowl. Once melted, add in the stout, buttermilk and whisk well together.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly to create a porridge-like consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a well-greased bread tin and bake for 45 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
300g Mortons Coarse Wholemeal Flour
72g Mortons Plain Flour
36g porridge oats
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp brown sugar