- Preheat the oven to 220C/ 425F/ Gas Mark 8 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and add the pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl or jug mix together the oil, milk, egg and caster sugar.
- Pour the oil mixture onto the flour, leaving a little behind in the bowl, and mix together with one hand until it forms a thick dough.
- Mix the cinnamon and demerara sugar in a small bowl and spread evenly across a flat surface. Turn the dough out onto this surface and pat out until it is roughy 2cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut out the scone rounds. Place close together on the lined baking tray and brush the tops of the scones with the remaining oil mix. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
500g Mortons Soda Bread Flour
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 free range egg
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp demerara sugar
1 tsp cinnamon