- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, cocoa, salt and sugar. Mix until these are combined.
- In a second bowl beat the eggs with the melted butter and milk.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir lightly but thoroughly.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until cooked through and firm to the touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
175g (6oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
50g (2oz) cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
150g (5oz) sugar
2 eggs beaten
75g (3oz) melted butter
250mls (8 flo. oz) milk
Fat for greasing (optional)