- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C or Gas Mark 7 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar, butter and vanilla essence, rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the raspberries and white chocolate pieces.
- In a jug beat together the egg and milk, then pour into the bowl and mix using a round bladed knife until a dough forms, then knead a little with lightly floured hands until smooth. (Add a little more milk if necessary if the dough seems dry).
- Press or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 3-4cm, then using a 5cm round cutter, cut out 8 scones.
- Place these on the baking tray, leaving about 5cm space in between, brush the tops with a little milk then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and risen.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and split and serve with jam and cream.
250g Mortons Self-Raising Flour
45g caster sugar
40g unsalted butter softened
50g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
100g white chocolate into small cubes
1 medium egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
75ml whole milk