- Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/ 428F/ Gas Mark 7.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar, butter and vanilla essence, rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then add the raspberries and white chocolate pieces.
- In a jug, beat together the egg and milk, then pour into the bowl and mix using a round bladed knife until a dough forms, then knead a little with lightly floured hands until smooth.
- Add a little more milk if necessary if the dough seems dry.
- Press or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 3-4cm, then using a 5cm round cutter, cut 8 scones.
- Place these on the baking tray, leaving about 5cm space in between, brush the tops with a little milk then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and risen.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and split and serve with jam and cream.
250g (9oz) Mortons Self-Raising Flour
45g (2oz) caster sugar
40g (2oz) unsalted butter softened
50g (2oz) raspberries (fresh or frozen)
100g (4oz) white chocolate into small cubes
1 medium egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
75ml whole milk