- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/450°f/ Gas Mark 8.
- Add the Mortons Plain flour and Mortons Coarse Wholemeal flour together.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs and add in the sugar.
- Pour in the milk and mix quickly and lightly until you get a soft light dough.
- Roll out to 1 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to cut into rounds.
- Put these rounds close together on a flour dusted baking tray.
- Brush the scones with a little whisked milk and egg.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
225g (8oz) Mortons Plain flour
225g (8oz) Mortons Coarse Wholemeal flour
50g (5oz) of butter
50g (5oz) of sugar
250ml approx. of milk/buttermilk