- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, oats, salt and bicarbonate of soda together until combined.
- In a jug, pour in the buttermilk and add in the treacle and honey and whisk until all combined.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mix and combine together quickly and lightly to create a sticky dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the dough onto this, shaping into a round and cutting a cross along the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until it appears golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting up and enjoying.
450g (14oz) Mortons Coarse Wholemeal Flour
50g (2oz) Whites Speedicook Porridge Oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp treacle
450 ml buttermilk
1 tbsp melted butter