Recipe Type: Loaf Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ Gas Mark 4 and grease a 2lb (24x12cm) loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and stir into a batter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, pour into the batter and the fresh orange juice & zest and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for approx. 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
Optional: add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the sugar for a twist!
160g Mortons Soda Bread Flour
3 large eggs
160g caster sugar
1 large orange (juice & zest)